Friday 8 May 2009

Dear diary! -Manila FC.

It is finally Friday again and a long week has gone to an end. It has been a week with a lot of football going on in Europe; the Champions League.
When I lived back in Europe I was always very excited on those nights, and I nearly could not wait to the evening when I could watch those games with my friends. And to be honest, I saw nearly all matches that was broadcasted in TV.
Living here in Hong Kong I've seen none -because when they are on it is in the middle of the night- except last years final between Man. Utd and -Hmmm, Chelsea. But that was only because I wasn't working at that time, and they showed in our local pub because the owner is a Man U supporter, but normally he closes down at 2 PM. But to be honest again; I really miss those evenings. So thank god for the Internet, then at least I can see the results in the morning when I get up, and the games has just finished. Well I could talk a lot about this subject, but I wont. I will only say that I'm quite pleased that this years final isn't going to be between the same two teams as last year, and this year I will support FC. Barcelona.
Reflecting on other differences from our time in Europe. Well some times we drove for 4 hours to visit a friends birthday party in Meiningen or took a trip for two hours to Berlin or Prague. Now we fly for 1 hour and a half to visit a friends birthday party in Manila, Philippines. Tomorrow morning at 6 AM we're of for the airport and at 10 AM we arrive in Manila. So the next post could be another premiere; Traktor in Manila. I wonder if they have a good football team there, so I can buy myself a football shirt from Manila FC.

Last but not least; yesterday was the first performance night in the "new Sai Kung bamboo opera", and we went for a little quick look. And again I must say that I'm really impressed how they in one week can build a thing like that, mainly out of bamboo and rope.
The performances is for western people quite strange, and I guess I have to do a lot of research to try to understand what it is about. But it is colourful and I guess quite funny, because every five minutes the audience -could be a thousand- breaks out in laughter, and big discussions starts to run through the row's. It is very calm and not pretentious at all. People come and go as they are pleased and a good thing; it is for free, so you see families with children and gran ma and gran dad on a nice night out.

No comments: