Friday 15 May 2009

Art for art sake!







Two and a half hour we lasted at the Art fair yesterday afternoon. Then we were filled up with impressions and couldn't cope with more from the contemporary art scene for the moment, and we only managed to have a look at maybe a fifth of the galleries.
More than a hundred international Art galleries from all over the world, is represented at the art fair and under the motto:"See Art, love Art, Buy Art" they invite you through a tour de force in what they regard as the most important Art right now.
Mainly it is a sales show, but if you like art and like the surprises of what the unexpected and unknown can give you, it is quite fun to walk around and let all the Art work work through your senses, and nobody really tries to get you to buy anything, and like it often is by art shows like this, not only the art is worth watching, the place is also excellent for people watching.
My camera ran out of power after a short while, and I hated that, but I
ll go once again on Saturday to see the last and missing bits, and then I'll make sure the battery in my camera is fully charged, and because I know what to expect, I'll not get too overwhelmed. by the Art

No comments: