Thursday 2 April 2015

The road as entertainment.

Day 3. Or morning 3. Breakfast was good today and gone like the wind. Fried chicken rice with a fried egg on top. The manager has left with the key to the safe and I cannot get my devices. Well not the biggest catastrophe, is it now. No, not really. I have my phone to play with and write silliness on, in, at, for or what ever?
Day 3 is gonna be another one on a bike. Yesterday it went East, today I will continue to the West, towards the cave.

On the road I have come up with this headline for a blog post for today.
"The Road as Entertainment". That was my feeling today as I was riding along towards no obvious goal, other than the trip it self. Had no clue what to expect or what to find. Just kept on going onwards through strange foreign landscapes and small villages.

At one point I started to get bored. Like " what is the point of this" kind of bored. 
Normally a road trip will bring you from A to B, to places you have planned to see or stay at as they are on the way between A & B. In this case there is no real purpose of going from A and out, as I do not know what to find, or if there is anything to be found at all? A is Luang Prabang, B is mainly the direction to go. Just like it has been these two first days, directions away from this town that has some sight like a Waterfall or a cave. However I don't really want to see these as these sights pretty much are the only things that tourists can see and do around here, so these places are -though beautiful, then also- overexposed and down trodden, by too many visitors.
So I'm heading out on the road, and the road itself is the attraction and there are not too many roads and not that many on them anyway.

No comments: