Sunday 5 April 2015

New hippie wheels in the mountains.

Have got a new pair of hippie wheels. Somehow the colour theme fits my outfit.
Today's concept tour to the blue went south out of Luang Prabang. So, because I have no clue where to go really or what to see, I've started developing some rules and concepts for the road trips I do.
Today's concept was to drive along until two PM. Stop, take picture, turn around, go same way back, as there is no other road that I know of I should say, and my map isn't that detailed.

This is where I was at exactly 2 PM today. No, it doesn't seem like anything, but that isn't the point. The point is the concept, and that was to stop at 2 PM.
Distraction. Don't know if it's only me and my thoughts, but I do get somehow distracted by the name of the network provider in the upper left corner of the screen. Who else than me can sees d gets some other thoughts when seeing that odd word on the pic above?

Back on track. Cliche. Beep beep. Got ya. Tracktor at the front and the ba
The other day I rode alongside a river to the north east. Today's scenery has been mountainous, and I am somewhere in between Luang Prabang and Vien Viang, on the road to Vientiane.

Keep thinking I recognise some of the views from 5 years ago when tai tai and I -good rimy one, right?- took the horror bus trip this way over these mountains and beyond. However I can be wrong. I mean how can you remember one mountain and a green valley from another, when you just seem them from inside a bus?
One thing is sure, it is much nicer to ride this road on a bike than in a bus.

Love the small rural villages spread around along the road.

Just after turning around bs starting the long winding road back towards what has been home for the last week, a little rest was needed. Found this rest in one of the bigger mountain villages. Could resemble a kind of trucker stop along the European motorways. Road folk stopped here and both man and machine could "tank".

Both the hippie wheels and myself needed some spirit after coming all the way back down from those hazy heights. In this town just south of Luang Prabang we found it. No food though, well not quite true, the sign explained the dong as a "Grill Duck" -whatever that is?- however I am quite sure I wouldn't have the stomach for it.

No comments: