Thursday 16 April 2009

"I did it" - The original Bungy

I was scared like never before as I knew that I was going to do the bungy jump to entertain our 35 youngsters. I didn't sleep very good the night before as I was just thinking of me standing 43 meters over a wild stream with a rubber band tied to my legs, and everybody just waited for me to throw myself into the deep. As we approached the bungy venue at an old wooden bridge over the Kawarau river just outside Queenstown in the southwest of New Zealand, I got more and more afraid. Just one thing kept me from going back, and that was all our youngsters on the viewing platform, screaming to me; "C'mon Mr. Mortensen - JUUMMMPPP, you can do it"
So there I was, realizing that I wasn't able to face a defeat like this and have to face all these disappointed faces, so I pulled my self together, looked straight into the horizon before I closed my eyes and then I jumped. After a second I opened my eyes a saw the jade coloured river coming towards me. It was the most incredible feeling to fall straight towards the water, and then gentle be hold back and swung up again by the rubber band.
I never thought it would be possible that I would do that as I've thought to be quite scared of heights, but now I can say; "I did it and I will certainly do it again".

Right now we are in Kaikoura waiting to go out to swim with dolphins on the open sea.
Before that we've been staying on a boat at a fjord in Mildford Sounds, where we also had a little feeling of the Tasmanian sea.So that's it for now, tomorrow we're heading back to the North Island and Auckland and
on Saturday we will fly back to HK.
Amazing so fast ten day's just goes, when you are having fun.

No comments: