Tuesday 28 April 2009

A golden birthday?

"Yes, it is my golden birthday". Jason looks like a winner.
According to Lesley, a golden birthday is when someone turns the same age as the date of the day they are born. In Jason's case this was on Monday the 27th of April, where he turned 27. Hmm, I've never heard of this thing; a golden birthday, and I think it is a little unfair for people over 31, because for them there will be no golden birthdays to celebrate. I'm born on Valentines day, so I've had my golden birthday many years ago, but without being aware that it was a golden one. When I start to think about this, then the next opportunity I've got for some kind of gold -silver -bronze or whatever birthday, could be when i turn 56, as it would be 14 X 4, and the previous one I've had, would have been when I turned 42 =14 X 3. Anyway, a golden birthday sounds like something to celebrate, but as the 27th was a Monday and therefor no good day for celebrating, the party was last Friday, and as good Americans, Lesley and Jason invited a bunch of friends and colleagues to the Dragon Bowling center in Kwun Tong.John tries his luck with a lot of dynamic.
Lesley, the inventor of; "Golden birthday" or maybe just an excuse for a party. Janice didn't mind, nor did the rest. Bowling is a nice sport, you can drink beer doing it.
No it isn't a pumpkin or a watermelon, Kelsey just lets her ball know who's the boss.

No comments: