Saturday 12 October 2013

2000 and something kilometer south west of home...

This place has some similarities with my home town, and again then not. It is an Asian World City, it is safe and diverse, and rich, but is not as tall as Hong Kong. 
Tall in the meaning of the houses and the mountains. Here there is much more space and the city is spreading out horizontal because it can. At home in Hong Kong the city is also expanding, but vertically. Up and up. On this picture below, you can see a crane that has tipped over. It is at one of the many building sites you can see here all the time, and this particularly one happens to be just next to the building where I've been for the last couple of days,. I didn't see it happening though, and in fact I was told that it happened about 3 weeks ago.

I am in Singapore on a 4 day trip and participating at a educational workshop, Learning 2.013.

Have got a lot new stuff to put into my brain and at this moment I am just chilling out in the library waiting for the last session and the final reception and some social networking. After that maybe another we visit to iconic Raffles Hotel and their famous "Singapore Sling".

No comments: